Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Column not showing data :: NEWB

I have a pretty extensive BI background, but I had never seen QV until last week. Now I have to generate a quick report. I'm able to pull the data I need, but one column in a table doesn't show the data. If I hover over the field the text will show in a pop-up, but it will not be displayed in the field itself.

Help a newbie out!

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Turns out to be a source data issue. I had whitespace in my column which was pushing my table data to line #2 and I was only showing the first line. Simple whitespace removal routine and I'm in business.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Assumning it is a table (there is a column), I can imaging this may happen if the text has multiple lines, and the first line is blank.
Another possibility is that the text color is the same as cell background color, but this sort of things doesn't happen by chance...
Anyway, someting rather minor.

Not applicable
Author

Turns out to be a source data issue. I had whitespace in my column which was pushing my table data to line #2 and I was only showing the first line. Simple whitespace removal routine and I'm in business.