Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tracysmart
Creator II
Creator II

Combine 2 charts into one - 2 fields into a single dimension

Hi All

another one where I cant see the wood for the trees!

I have a single table with 2 columns - OrderBookWeekYear and CO_FDDYear. For all dates up to the current week, I want to count the numbers of rows against the first column. For all dates going forward, I want to count the number of rows against the second column. This is because I don't have actual data yet for the following week so i use this forecast column instead.

I can do this in 2 separate charts but am struggling to combine them.

There is an added complexity of not just counting the future rows but cumulatively deducting them from the column before (the current week).

I would be happy to simple get a single dimension with the standard counts on the same chart before worrying about the cumulative deduction!!

I appreciate I may not be explaining this well but hopefully the attached document might make it clearer - I basically want to join the 2 straight tables together  and the 2 bar charts so its a continuous Week dimension.

Thanks in advance

Tracy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nicole-Smith

Here is a slightly different approach than kaushik.solanki‌ where I make a calendar table.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Hope attached application helps.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Nicole-Smith

Here is a slightly different approach than kaushik.solanki‌ where I make a calendar table.

tracysmart
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you both Kaushik and Nicole.

I went with Nicoles approach as it didn't increase the number of rows in my main fact table.

Now I have it in one cart, I can work on the cumulative decrease

Tracy

Not applicable

I have a similar req. but I have 2 data tables . Taking your solution as an example I have tried, but the idea to concatenate is not coming for me. Please see the attached for the actual app (sorry for the size). There I have a table which we should display one date dimension and 2 expressions (count) from two different data files. Please suggest some idea.

Thanks,

Jamy.

Not applicable

Hello,

Somehow i was able to figure it out and concatenated. Thank you so much @nicole_kowalsky for your app.

-Jamy.