Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielle_v
Creator
Creator

Compare 2 Months Selected by User

Hi All,

I currently have a pivot table which compares factory statuses between 2 months - based on the month selected in the calendar and the month previous to the selected month. The table only shows records where the factory status differs between the 2 months, e.g.;

The Previous Month expression (i.e. Mar-2015 in this example) is 

=if(concat( {$<Month=, Year=, MonthYear = {"$(=Date(addmonths(max(MonthYear), -1), 'MMM-YYYY'))"}, [Factory Status] = >}DISTINCT [Factory Status], ', ')<>

(concat( {$<MonthYear={"$(=max(MonthYear))"}, [Factory Status] = >}DISTINCT [Factory Status], ', ')),

concat( {$<Month=, Year=, MonthYear = {"$(=Date(addmonths(max(MonthYear), -1), 'MMM-YYYY'))"}, [Factory Status] = >}DISTINCT [Factory Status], ', '))

The Current Month expression (i.e. Apr-2015 in this example) is

=if((concat( {$<MonthYear={"$(=max(MonthYear))"}, [Factory Status] = >}DISTINCT [Factory Status], ', '))

<>

(concat( {$<Month=, Year=, MonthYear = {"$(=Date(addmonths(max(MonthYear), -1), 'MMM-YYYY'))"}, [Factory Status] = >}DISTINCT [Factory Status], ', ')),

(concat( {$<MonthYear={"$(=max(MonthYear))"}, [Factory Status] = >}DISTINCT [Factory Status], ', ')))

However, what I now need to be able to do is to allow the user to select 2 months of their choosing to compare - so the 2 months in the table may not be consecutive months. For example, the user may want to compare factory status changes between Jan-2015 and Sep-2015.

I've been wracking my brain and can't think how to do this... thought about creatin a second calendar in the script, or using variables and input boxes, but I just can't get anywhere with it!

Any pointers would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks,

Danielle

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
miskinmaz
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Use comparative analysis. This way no need to create another calendar.

Regards,

Miskin

View solution in original post

4 Replies
miskinmaz
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Use comparative analysis. This way no need to create another calendar.

Regards,

Miskin

arasantorule
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

I believe comparative analysis (Using Comparestate for same fields) can help you to compare the two months.

Thanks.

t_chetirbok
Creator III
Creator III

Hi, it's maybe helpfull

Comparative Analysis

danielle_v
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks all for your quick responses!

Well on my way to completing this task now using comparative analysis, which I had not discovered before!