cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SriniD
Contributor
Contributor

Compare Orders and Sales

Working on creating a chart to compare Orders and Sales.

My data table1 has Orders (Year, month), table2 has Sales (Year, month). These are connected to another table3 with a record id.

In my dashboard I am selecting Order Year and Month. I have to calculate Number of orders and Number of sales based on selected Order year and month. I am able to calculate Order summary, but not able to calculate Sales summary properly.

Example of Orders table1

Record Key       Order year     Order month   Order date    Num of orders

1                                2021                   Aug                    08/10/2021              10

3                                2021                 Aug                       08/20/2021              5

Example of Sales table2

Record Key       Sale year     Sale month   Sale date    Num of Sales

1                                2021                   Aug                    08/10/2021              2

4                                2021                  Aug                       08/15/2021              5

table3

Record Key and other columns

When I select Order year in Multi select box where I have only Order Year and month. Getting orders total as 15 and Sales total as 2. Since the record # 3 is not part of the table1. How do I overcome this situation, filter out based on the column values rather than record key to sum orders.

Any ideas on this really helpful.

Thank you.

Labels (3)
4 Replies
Saravanan_Desingh

Try something like this,

Orders:
LOAD *, [Order year] & [Order month] As Key INLINE [
Record Key, Order year, Order month, Order date, Num of orders
1, 2021, Aug, 08/10/2021, 10
3, 2021, Aug, 8/20/2021, 5
];

Sales:
LOAD *, [Sale year] & [Sale month] As Key INLINE [
Record Key, Sale year, Sale month, Sale date, Num of Sales
1, 2021, Aug, 08/10/2021, 2
4, 2021, Aug, 08/15/2021, 5
];

tab3:
LOAD * INLINE [
Record Key
];
Saravanan_Desingh

Output:

commQV92.PNG

SriniD
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you Saran7de. The suggestion you have given was simple. I thought about it and works too.

However in my dashboard we have multi select box Year and Month is different filters. When I combine both into common filter and display it will be 60 items to select. Because we are showing last 5 years data. Have plans to show last 7 years data.

I was not able to combine the selected 2 columns in the background and set the filter. Any idea in that way much appreciated.

Thank you
Srini

SriniD
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Realized with this solution, in case user wants whole year won't be able to select.