cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sujit_nath
Creator III
Creator III

Compare two non linked feilds

I have 2 different tables that have no relation between them. I just want to compare 2 column from each of those and tell if the values in one column are there in the other (basically compare the values in both)

Is there a way this can be achieved? NB - There is no relation between these two tables.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

There probably is a way. Even if the tables are not associated the fields values would be associated (as if) as in cross-join case. You could get the values something like:

=Concat(Distinct if(Field1<>Field2,F1), ',')            // to get the comma separated values in a textbox

View solution in original post

2 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

There probably is a way. Even if the tables are not associated the fields values would be associated (as if) as in cross-join case. You could get the values something like:

=Concat(Distinct if(Field1<>Field2,F1), ',')            // to get the comma separated values in a textbox

sujit_nath
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Actually, this halts my qvw, maybe this is too ram intensive. As a workaround, I've tried left join. Let's see, I'll post here if I get an other alternative.