cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QlikNoviceNo1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Compare values between two fields of two datasets

I am looking for a way to compare values of two fields of two datasets.

Basially I have an excel#1 with n sheets. Each sheet has a x number of columns from n data base tables.(Here, x can vary.)

What I need to do is, for each table in excel#1 I have to query the  database and find all the fields in that table. Next, I need to compare the actual column names with the column names on excel#1. if there is any mismatch in the column names(spelling, case, etc), I need to list all such columns and their table names.

Is this possible to do it in qlikview scripting?

Hope the problem scenario is clear.

in the attached sheet, the sheer- 'tables' has the list of tables and the sheets 1,2 and 3 have their column names.

I need to find out for each table, if its fielnames in this excel are the same as in the database.

2 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

This kind of scenario, XML format will help us. But, Excel files are typically complex. Surely, Will look into this. I have one question for you? Where we need to store Table Names and Field Names which are not same like spelling and etc. ??

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
QlikNoviceNo1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Anil, Thanks for the response!

What you asked is my concern as well. I was thinking if it would be feasible to have a qvd and then do an incremental load into it.

Thanks.