cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comparing dates with set analysis

Hi

My problem is the different time dimensions which have to "work together" in the chart. There is also a third time dimension, which isn't related into the data structure.That could also be a variable.

Example:

Sum (if (A_MonthID = MonthID, A_Sum))
/
Sum(if (B_MonthID = MonthID, B_Sum))

This example works just fine with normal If-clause. The solution is - however - very heavy when there are 10 millions of rows and some other if-conditions in the both clauses. (And in the future the chart should actually show bars on every day on the selected month.)

Because of that I would like to use the SET-analysis. I don't know if it's possible. It would work easily if you have just one time dimension but this case is different.

Any ideas or code-examples?

-Marcus

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Markus,

please see the attached file if this solves your problem.

Rainer

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Markus,

please see the attached file if this solves your problem.

Rainer

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ok. This solution works fine in this case. The table structure in the real case I'm working with is much more complicated and it's not possible use the date field as a Key field.

Thanks anyway . Smile

Not applicable
Author

Markus,

see the next example. It will hopfully show a direction to develop your script.

Rainer

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Rainer

This structure looks very good and might give me some answers. I've bumped into many problems with time dimensions and I really need better solutions in the future. This seems to work excellent.

Thanks.

-Markus

Not applicable
Author

Hi Markus,

You might also want to take a look at Oleg's wiki article about using flags; the example he mentions (some kind of 'same month last year' calculation) looks a lot like your case.

The URL: http://community.qlik.com/wikis/qlikview-wiki/using-flags-to-avoid-if-formulas.aspx

With regards,

Martijn