Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Comparing two years sales without set analysis

hi,

can any body tell me how to show current year and previous years charts with out set analysis.

regards

Mahesh T

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

You can use Alternate States. It means that some selections will be done on Alternate1, some on Alternate2. So one will get Year Ago, one will get this year.

Each Chart can be linked to a specific Alternate State.

You create the first AS by clicking on Document Properties / general Tab / Alternate States. After that, the AS will be available for ListBox, Chart ...

Fabrice

View solution in original post

10 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

sum(if(Year=2014, Sales))

sum(if(Year=year(Today())-1, Sales))

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

In script you create a calendar with the desired time ranges in a field to include as a dimension in your charts. Here you can find how to do that:

Qlikview Notes: Easy Period Analysis using Qlikview Components

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

mahesh why dont you want set analysis?

Do you have any technical reason or advantage of not using the set modifier.

Not applicable
Author

Hi sujeet,

it is asked in interview generally i do with set analysis.But he particularly mentioned about that.

regards

Mahesh t

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

ok that is to test the tricks .

Ok you can use the is satement as one suggested and also use the document function to accomplish that .

Not applicable
Author

fine Sujjeth .can you please give me solution to suppose for previous year we apply modifier '1' for all selections and '$' for current selections.can we achieve by any other option can you please give me functions too for expressions.

regards

Mahesh T

Not applicable
Author

You can use Alternate States. It means that some selections will be done on Alternate1, some on Alternate2. So one will get Year Ago, one will get this year.

Each Chart can be linked to a specific Alternate State.

You create the first AS by clicking on Document Properties / general Tab / Alternate States. After that, the AS will be available for ListBox, Chart ...

Fabrice

Not applicable
Author

fine answer can u elaborate with some example naming in alternate states etc.

Not applicable
Author

Sorry, I do not understand what you mean.

Alternate States are an "out-of-the-box" possibility of QlikView.

Look for some docs about it: there are plenty I am sure

Fabrice