Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Comparision of QlikView and QlikSense serever versions

Hi, hello, hey!

Does anybody know what kind of differences and similarities there are between QlikView and QlikSense server versions. I found a lot information about QlikView and QlikSense comparision but on desktop versions. I need to know how does it look like on server versions.

Best regards Qlik Fellaz!

Bartek

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

I would say that they are quite different. The QMC is different or I should say redesigned. Security and governance is handled differently and of course the license model is different, no server licenses only user tokens. This means that you can install multiple servers and you only need to buy licenses for your users (tokens). Documents are published to Streams and not to individuals, users are then given access to streams with published documents. Development of applications is done on the server. Another thing with the QMC or server is that you can create your own security rules allowing you to control and assign a broad variety of security rules to your users. These are just a few things, these and many more will be described in the documents that Gysbert suggested.