Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Complicated Filtering Criteria From Excel

Hi everybody,

I have a good challenge for you 🙂

I've searched this forum but with no result (may be wrong key words used). That's why - the new post.

Situation: There is a main table in external source. In Excel spreadsheet users can specify what kind of values they need to filter from main table. It is very simple if there is a need to specify values of one field in main table. But what if needs are more complicated, e.g. user can specify not only accounts, but also several document types to filter.

error loading image

In attached example we need to filter from main table transactions with accounts mentioned and with document types, separated by comma (empty cell means all types). I prefer, that subfield function will be used here.

Obligatory conditions:

1. Filtering must be made in script while reloading.
  2. We can't download whole main table, 'cause it is huge, that's why manipulations with WHERE statement are needed

Any ideas?

Rds,
Artjoms

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

After thinking a while I found one of many ways, how to make my dream come true.

May be somebody can propose more optimal solution?

Rds,
Artjoms

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

After thinking a while I found one of many ways, how to make my dream come true.

May be somebody can propose more optimal solution?

Rds,
Artjoms

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Any other suggestions are still welcome!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

People use to say - nobody can help you better and quicklier than your oneself

I found two solutions for my case. Version with generating WHERE statement works faster with big data sources

Rgd,
AT