Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dana
Creator II
Creator II

Concatenate tables - field renaming

Hi,

I have a couple of questions about Concatenate (instead of Link Table 😞

1. In the technical brief " Concatenate and Link tables", the following example shows that different dimensions are given the same name. But how can the data is be filtered by supplier or customer:

CONCAT._EX..png

2. Assuming I have 2 or more fact tables with common dimension fields but different measures. Is it ok to leave them as they are? Or what is the benefit of giving the same name?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

1. See the "Type" field created on the left hand side of the script. Selecting the value "Purchase" will display only purchase orders and the IDs will be those of vendors, while selecting the value "Sale" will display only sales orders, and the IDs will be those of customers. You can select these values in expressions by using set analysis: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/ChartFunctions/...

2. It all comes to how do you need to display your data and how comparable that data is. For example, if you are getting Purchases aggregated by month, but Sales by day, it may not make sense to have them all in a single table, since there will be one day where all the Purchases will be compared against a single day of sales. Therefore, you will need to build a data model that meets the requirements of the visualizations and how your users want to analyze the data.
dana
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Miguel,

Re question 1:  I was asking about the ability  to select  suppliers or customers.  I think a solution might be to leave the Supplier ID & Customer ID in that script.

Thanks!

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

I don't see why.

You will have one field: "ID" and you will have another field: "Type". Selecting on the Type field it will return the corresponding ID values (for either Sales, Purchases or both if both or none are selected).

dana
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Sorry for not still not getting that..

But how are supplier & customer dimensions are linked to the concatenated facts?

Thanks..