Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robmarr789
Contributor
Contributor

Conditional Dimension based on list box selections

I'm trying to create a chart than will add and remove individual dimensions(columns) when they are selected or un-selected  in a list box.

I've found a solution that works but only for the first 6 dimensions. When a 7th is selected from the list box all of the dimensions are removed.

Could anyone take a look at the attached and advise of an expression that will allow an infinite about of dimensions to be added if required?

Note: all dimensions should not appear until they are selected. Each should be controlled independently so that they can be added or removed individually based on the selection.

Thanks 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi 

all you need to do is change this part of your show hide expression

GetFieldSelections(FieldSelectionChild,'@',50)

you need to add a number selected items that will be display in detailed 50 in the example 

other what happen when you select the 7th value 

the getfieldselections function returns something like 7 out of 24 and not the details of the selected values 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi 

all you need to do is change this part of your show hide expression

GetFieldSelections(FieldSelectionChild,'@',50)

you need to add a number selected items that will be display in detailed 50 in the example 

other what happen when you select the 7th value 

the getfieldselections function returns something like 7 out of 24 and not the details of the selected values 

robmarr789
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Excellent, that worked.

You're a great man

lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

always happy to help

MEJ
Contributor III
Contributor III

I see that you have used the "@" sign in the conditional dimensions. What does that do?