Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Conditional formatting of Expressions in a Straight Table

Hi Experts

I am using QlikView 8.5 Developer.

I have a Straight Table with 3 Expressions and 1 Dimension.

I would like to format one of the 3 expressions (i.e. Bold) whenever i make a selection of a certain field (which is not the dimension in the table).

I know that I can format a certain expression using "Custom Format Cells" but it cannot be conditional.

Is there a way to do it via Macro?

* The only solution I found so far is to create 3 straight tables with different formatting and conditional show.

Thanks,

Yaniv

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

you can use '<b>' for bold '<u>' for underline '<u><b>' for bold & underline '<b><i>' for bold & italic & so on

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Please look at the attachment, I have defined condition for text color.you can define the same for Text format.

Hope this will work.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Santosh

Thanks for the reply! It is really helpfull for me.

Instead of using Different Colors, I would like to use Bold font. I guess that I would need to use "Text Format" instead of "Text Color" but I can't find the relevant fucntion.

In your attachment, you used the function blue(), is there a function for Bold?

Thanks,

Yaniv

Not applicable
Author

you can use '<b>' for bold '<u>' for underline '<u><b>' for bold & underline '<b><i>' for bold & italic & so on

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Your answer has been really helpfull.

Many Thanks,

Yaniv

Not applicable
Author

Hi, Santosh,

I am also trying to get bold in Text Format for an expression, but I cannot make any function work. This is the syntax I tried based on your post, but it doesn't work:

if(company='NEATOT',<b>(),)

The same syntax works with blue in the Text Colour definition but the above does not work. I'm sure I'm missing something.

Can you help, please?

Diane

kji
Employee
Employee

if(company='NEATOT','<b>','')

Not applicable
Author

Is there any way to do double underline for specific rows? Is that an option that is available in qlikview?