Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alwayslearning
Creator
Creator

Conditionally Show/Hide Data on a table

Hi

I have created a customised 'Listbox' using :

=If(Match($Field, 'Description', 'Product Description''), $Field)

And on the table of data I only want the specific listbox selection to appear, so I have written this in the expression of each column>

Description

SubstringCount(concat( distinct $Field,'Listbox') , 'Description')>0

Product Description

SubstringCount(concat( distinct $Field,'Listbox') , 'Product Description')>0

I have several over columns and they all work fine, however the above two.  When I select 'Product Description' on the listbox, it brings back both Description & product description columns, when I select Description it works fine and displays the description column.  I believe that is because of the word Description?

Can anyone assist me here, so when I select Product Description on the listbox, I will only have that column appear.

Thank

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this:

SubstringCount(concat(DISTINCT '|' & $Field & '|','Listbox') , '|Description|') > 0

SubstringCount(concat(DISTINCT '|' & $Field & '|','Listbox') , '|Product Description|') > 0

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this:

SubstringCount(concat(DISTINCT '|' & $Field & '|','Listbox') , '|Description|') > 0

SubstringCount(concat(DISTINCT '|' & $Field & '|','Listbox') , '|Product Description|') > 0

sunny_talwar

Remember to add | (pipes) around all expression just because its more robust way to do this to avoid issues like you just had with Description and Product Description

alwayslearning
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks, that worked

alwayslearning
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunny,

Can you clarify what are | (pipes) effectively for in Qlikview? And when can use you use them.

As I'm still learning my way around.

Thanks

sunny_talwar

| is something unique which won't be available in your field values. That is why i used them, but you can anything else also such as @ or # which you think won't be in your field values. Nothing special about pipe |

Does this make sense?