Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thenextlevel
Contributor II
Contributor II

Connection string Timeout - is it possible?

I am having issues with connections to SQL Server 'locking up' and having to manually end the QV.exe and was wondering how to overcome the issue?

This is my connection string;

OLEDB CONNECT TO [Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=QVUser;Initial Catalog=Cloudjh;Data Source=dbsxd;Use Procedure for Prepare=1;Auto Translate=True;Packet Size=4096;Workstation ID=L2318;Use Encryption for Data=False;Tag with column collation when possible=False] (XPassword is DITePYMGQBcCGaRObE);

There is a Connect Timeout in the Advanced section of Data Link Properties, but it doesn't seem to do anything?

Any ideas would be great.

Capture.PNG.png

13 Replies
Colin-Albert

Can you add some trace commands after the connect string to see exactly where the error is?

Can you run a ping to the SQL box to see if the network connection drops.

thenextlevel
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I'll have a look.

I've found this which might help.

Data server is not available. How to exit script without error?

Not applicable

Hello,

We are also facing similar issue while connecting SQL server from Qlikview dashboard.

We are getting error like below when Qlikview trying to connect sql server from script window,

Error: ErrorSource: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server, ErrorMsg: Login timeout expired

This is a random issue that we can't replicate unless it happens. some times it auto resolved and again happens with out making any change in code or configuration on sql server.

Can you help to find exact root cause of this behavior ?

Thanks,

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have a similar need for a timeout here as well. 

I've got connection attempts that are hanging open when the database accepts the old credentials, but then prompts for a password change.

Does setting a document timeout in the reload task force this to move on from waiting around?