Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gfarrell
Partner - Contributor III

Containers issue - Fast Change in a chart objecy is dropping the chart from the Container

I am starting to work with containers in Version 10 I believe there is a bug. If I fast change a Chart Table - to/from a pivot to a straight table the chart object is dropped from the container. Other Fast Change options seem to work fine...like changing from to a pie chart to a bar chart.

Also I have noticed that the scroll bar in the straight/pivot tables is intermittently lost within the container.

Is anyone else experiencing the same?

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have reported both issue to Tech Support. The scroll bar issue is a bug and might be addressed in SR1. Clicking a second time on the container tab should make the scroll bar come back.

The answer on Fast Change issue is that Fast Change is not intended to work within Containers since Containers are meant to replace Fast Change. I have suggested that Fast Change be disabled in the Object Properties when the object is added to a Container. Personally, I'd like to see Fast Change remain a viable option within Containers. Imagine what you can do with multiple objects in a container, each one having Fast Change capability! That would really pack a lot of content into minimal screen space.

gfarrell
Author

Thanks for the feedback.

Sounds right that fast change should be disabled if its not supported....much better than the whole object being removed from the container. The strange thing is that fast change does work for some objects. I am able to change Bar chart to line chart to straight table with no issue. The limitation seems to be switch from straight to pivot.

Not applicable

I am also experiencing these bugs. I consider the fast change issue to be a bug rather than a "feature" - we as developers should be allowed to add fast changes to container objects if we choose, because they have a different purpose. The purpose of fast change is to switch between different chart types for the same dimensions, and the purpose of container objects is more to replace the minimize/maximize and button action show/hide trickery that we had to do in v9.

Also note that AJAX does not have the scroll bar bug. It renders correctly the first time.

Gary

gfarrell
Author

At a minimum the fast change should be disabled if not supported. Currently if you click the fast change it deletes the object from the container and it has to be manually reinserted.......

Not applicable

The problem with lost scrollbars in containers is solved in QV10 SR1. Make sure to upgrade when it becomes available!

Not applicable

The only question is - when it will become avaliable?

Not applicable

Fast changes in containers seem to work fine in 10SR2. At least between bar and straight table charts.