Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Continuous X-Axis Descending?

Does anyone know if it's possible to create a line chart with a continuous X-axis, where the X-axis values are sorted in descending order rather than ascending?? Can't seem to get this to work.

Thanks,

Vlad

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II
Author

Never mind, I was able to figure it out. For those interested, the trick is to make your X-axis value negative numbers. Then hide the original X-axis value on the Dimensions tab, and create an expression where you wrap the X-axis value is a fabs() function and select "Text on Axis" to display it in place of the original X-axis value. In my case, I found there were too many value displayed, so I added some additional logic to display only a few key values in order to not lose scale.

Edit: I finally got around to documenting specifically how this was done. For those interested, you can read the article here: http://www.infinityinsight.com/blog/?p=246

Cheers,

Vlad

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Vlad,

Have you tried sort>numeric value>descending?

Best,

Matt

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II
Author

Yes, of course, it does something quite unexpected. Give it a try.

Thanks,

Vlad

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II
Author

Never mind, I was able to figure it out. For those interested, the trick is to make your X-axis value negative numbers. Then hide the original X-axis value on the Dimensions tab, and create an expression where you wrap the X-axis value is a fabs() function and select "Text on Axis" to display it in place of the original X-axis value. In my case, I found there were too many value displayed, so I added some additional logic to display only a few key values in order to not lose scale.

Edit: I finally got around to documenting specifically how this was done. For those interested, you can read the article here: http://www.infinityinsight.com/blog/?p=246

Cheers,

Vlad