Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Controling Access to a QVW Using a text file

Hi there,

I have been working on this issue a little while which will hopfully allow us to control access to qlikview files based upon the contents of a text file. This is hopfully going to bypass the issue of active directory groups and mean that no one will be able to view the qvw file who isnt meant to.

I have the developer II book, and there are a few ways in which you can control permissions but i cant find a way of doing exactly what i need.

So, does anyone know of a way that i can approve/deny access to users who are not in a text file?

To clarify, ideally i would like the user to see a nice little "permission denied" error, or at the very least see nothing when they open the file.

attached (hopfully) are the files indicating how far i have got.

I hope i have been clear, if not feel free to ask questions!

Thanks,

Chris

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Read up on Section Access first in the reference manual and then in this forum if necessary. You can easily load the contents of your text file into the section access script to allow or deny entry to the application. Users who try to access the document and are not in the section access script will be prompted for a username and password they won't be able to give.

Hope this helps,

Jason

PS - WARNING!! When applying section access, especially as a novice, be sure to have a copy of your document with the section access script commented out otherwise you risk locking yourself out of your own application! This is easily done!!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Read up on Section Access first in the reference manual and then in this forum if necessary. You can easily load the contents of your text file into the section access script to allow or deny entry to the application. Users who try to access the document and are not in the section access script will be prompted for a username and password they won't be able to give.

Hope this helps,

Jason

PS - WARNING!! When applying section access, especially as a novice, be sure to have a copy of your document with the section access script commented out otherwise you risk locking yourself out of your own application! This is easily done!!

Not applicable
Author

Thats bang on the money, thanks very much!