Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Converting Yes No answers

Hello

I have a set of survey responses with the majority being yes/no answers or similar drop down options.

I need to create some pie and bar charts out of this information, but I can't seem to make it work in QlikView.

I have tried counts, but I'm making no progress.

I am aware this is a simple issue, but I've always used numeric data in the past and it hasn't been a problem.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks

CS

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Could you post a small sample app, some lines of your input data and / or the chart dimensions / expressions you are using?

It's hard to help you without these informations, though you should find a lot of similar topics here in the forum (try the search at the top right).

Regards,

Stefan

francescopuppin
Contributor III
Contributor III

You simply need to make a chart (I suggest you to make it as straight table initially) with

Dimension: ANSWER    

Expression: Count(SURVEY_ID)

Where ANSWER is your field containing the answers (yes, no, etc..) and SURVEY_ID is your field containing the unique identifier of your surveys (e.g. if 100 people submitted the survey, you should have 100 different IDs)

I hope it helps

Regards,

F.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

PFA.............!