cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brigadier
Contributor II
Contributor II

Copied Qlikview report to New location: Error running Script

I recently put copies of a series of Qlikview reports into separate folders, so that they could represent data on separate quarters and be accessed from one launchpad.

The reports open up ok, but when I run the scripts, I get the error "Error in hidden script. For details, open hidden script before reload. For security reasons, failed hidden script code is not shown". Clearly this is due to the change in directory path. But I am not sure whereabouts I need to start looking into this.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Colin-Albert

You will need to open the source QVW file, and edit the script.

Then on the File menu select Edit Hidden Script.

If the hidden script has a password they you will need to enter the password. Do you have the password documented?

If you do not know the password, then you cannot change the hidden script and this password is not recoverable. In this case you will need to revert your changes and restore the original folder configuration.

Once you have access to the hidden script you can change the file paths, or variables containing file paths, to reflect your changes.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Colin-Albert

You will need to open the source QVW file, and edit the script.

Then on the File menu select Edit Hidden Script.

If the hidden script has a password they you will need to enter the password. Do you have the password documented?

If you do not know the password, then you cannot change the hidden script and this password is not recoverable. In this case you will need to revert your changes and restore the original folder configuration.

Once you have access to the hidden script you can change the file paths, or variables containing file paths, to reflect your changes.

brigadier
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you, that explains what is required. Unfortunately these reports in question were provided by a third party supplier who have locked them down. We can make some amendments such as the source data, but that is about it. I have raised the question with them in order to ascertain what the options are.

Colin-Albert

The application may be using an include file to set variables within the hidden script, in which case you could edit the file without needing to change the hidden script itself.

The include file is just a text file that contains a stub of the script.