Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Copy Object from One Qlikview Instance to Another

I have pivot table which was created in one of the earlier versions of Qlikview file and somehow got removed in subsequent version.

I need that pivot table back in the latest version but I was not able to copy the pivot table object. I was able to create export file (QVO file) for the object. How could that file be imported into the latest version where I need the object to be?

7 Replies
fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, from what version to what version you have to copy?

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Is both versions are same?

Check

Chart Properties -> Layout -> Allow Copy/Clone is enabled, if not enable it and copy.

Regards,

Jagan.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

You need to "allow copy" in Properties -> Layout tab.

Then You can copy the pivot table.

Morandi

Not applicable
Author

Thanks jagan mohan Fernando Keuroglian Wagner Morandi

I have 'Allow Copy ' enabled under Layout tab. I was able to copy pivot table on the same Qlikview file.

But I was not able to copy pivot table from one Qlikview file to another. As far as the Qlikview software versions are concerned both the files are opened on the same Qlikview software version but since they were created at different point of time, it differs in terms of the script.

If objects can't be copied across instances,do you know if there is way to import object  i.e. QVO file.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

You are using any Show/Hide logic using

Chart Properties -> Layout -> Show-> Conditional

If yes, then select Always option.

Or

Is the target sheets has Add Objects enabled?

Check this

Sheet Properties -> Security -> Add Sheet Objects

Regards,

Jagan.

mjayachandran
Creator II
Creator II

Hi not sure if this help but since you have mentioned from earlier version to new,

check the link below:

Import document layout on QV10 SR1

Not applicable
Author

Thanks I was able to copy the objects from one file to another. I am still not sure what was preventing the copy of objects last week.