Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Copy and paste selections

Hi experts,

I am trying to find out how we can copy and paste some selections into a QlikView app?

I have searched the forums and found a couple of threads which mention the use of an input box/variable/trigger using select in field etc.  But I cant get this working and the threads are not marked as answered so I'm unsure if this is the correct method?

Does anyone have a working example of this or another method?

All I need is a way of copying some values (i.e. customer numbers, material numbers etc) from a spreadsheet or text file and pasting into QlikView to save the users having to scroll through thousands of rows in a list box.  I know you can type multiple values seperated by a space in the search box but this isnt really practical if there are many selections.

Many thanks in advance.

S.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

In the attached example (created by rebeccad) you can paste a list of values separated by spaces and/or comma's and/or semicolons in an input box and click the Search button to select the values.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

In the attached example (created by rebeccad) you can paste a list of values separated by spaces and/or comma's and/or semicolons in an input box and click the Search button to select the values.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thats perfect!  Just what I was looking for, thank you.

Not applicable
Author

I stumbled on another way to do this.  If your users are using AJAX, you can cut a list of values from Excel and paste it into a search object.  Funny thing is, this doesn't work on the desktop.  Here is an example using the Axis COMPASS for PPM demo app on Qlik's website. 

To get this to work I created a search object on the 'Financial Year' field only, and then can cut and paste data from excel into it:

Copy-Paste.JPG

Press enter and voila! Selections are made:

Copy-Paste2.JPG

romanchudopal
Contributor
Contributor

You saved me, huge thank you for this solution!