Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marwen_garwachi
Creator II
Creator II

Cost Overt Time

Hello,

I'm working on a Dashboard that displays the cost of a product (at a chosen moment) taking into account variations in the cost of raw material over time.

For example :
To produce shoes, the cost of the raw material in 2016 is not the same as in 2019 knowing that the price increases or decreases according to the years. On the other hand I have to take into account the exchange rate which is variable.

If the user selects the year 2018, he should see the cost of production + the selling price + the ROI in 2018 based on the exchange rate and cost of the raw material in 2018)

Someone would have an idea what is the best approach to achieve this result?

Thanks for any Idea ! 

Labels (4)
3 Replies
asinha1991
Creator III
Creator III

is there a fixed appreciation percentage for change in cost price? or you have hard values for each year?

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It does depend on what form you have the RM cost and exchange rate. If you have regular yearly, monthly or daily data, then join the tables by year, month or day and do the calculation.

If you have irregular intervals, with from/to dates, then you can do an interval match to join the data.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Not sure if this is helpful or not, but hopefully it might be:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Slowly-Changing-Dimensions/ba-p/1464187

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.