Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
knightwriter
Creator III
Creator III

Count Q1 & Q2

Hi All,

Im looking to count Q1 and Q2 only as the total box changes when I select the month of May for example.

Any suggestions?

=count(distinct(if (InQuarter ([Activity.Completed Date], Today(), 0), [Activity Id], )))

4 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Kindly describe little more! Unable to understand about your requirement.

knightwriter
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Is there a formula to count the number of activities for Jan to March and April to Jun.

I cannot use the month name in the formula as my month selection of my dashboard is based on dates.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

This will count activities of the previous quarter Apr-Jun:

=count(distinct(if (InQuarter ([Activity.Completed Date], Today(), -1), [Activity Id], )))

And this quarter before (Jan-Mar):

=count(distinct(if (InQuarter ([Activity.Completed Date], Today(), -2), [Activity Id], )))

Always with relation to today(). You may need to ignore selection in your date field:

=count({<DateField= >} distinct(if (InQuarter ([Activity.Completed Date], Today(), -1), [Activity Id], )))

knightwriter
Creator III
Creator III
Author

OK thanks. I am having trouble combining 3 variables included in my formula as pre below, ie status = completed, in year 2015 and Q1. What am I doing wrong here? Thanks again

=count(distinct(if (QuarterName [Activity.Status]='Completed, Today(), -1), [Activity Id], )))

=Num (Count(Distinct If([Activity.Status]='Completed' AND InYear([Activity.Completed Date], Today(), 0), [Activity Id], )), '#,###')