Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Count() behaving as count(distinct)??

Hi.  I'm not a regular Qlikview user, so tend to stick to fairly simple functionality.  I am trying to compare 2 very similar data sets and finding the behavior of Count() to be different (one shown on AccessPoint,(QlikviewV11) and one on my Personal Edition (V12) - although I wouldn't have thought that would make a difference...).

The Personal Edition seems to be treating a count() as a count(distinct) - as you can see here it returns a count of 1 when there are plainly multiple records that match:

For comparison, the version on AccessPoint gives what I would expect:

I can't find anything on the community/help to explain this, can anyone help please?

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

PS: Just temporarily unmarked your answer as correct (no offence intended!) so I'm not discouraging any alternative solutions from being offered..

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefan.  Any chance you can take a look at where this issue went from our original discussion?  I branched thread 1261988 as the counter solution seemed to give inconsistent results and no-one seems to be able to shed any light on what looks to me to be a straightforward issue.  Any help would be much appreciated!