Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Create Toggle Button to switch between different Expressions of Cyclic Group

Hi Qlikview Pros,

I have a couple of bar charts on one page and each chart has a Cyclic group that toggles between 2 expressions.  Right now, I would have to toggle each chart individually.  I would like to create one Toggle Button that will allow me to control both bar charts at once.

Any suggestions?

Thank you muchly

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Expression groups are chart specific. But you can use a helper table and a listbox to select the expression. See attached example.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

I suppose it depends on what you finally want.

IF you ONLY want to control the different dimensions using the button then why not just remove the cylic groups, have a buttton that toggles the value of a variable between 1 & 2 and then in each chart create a calculated dimension that says: IF(MyVariable=1,Dimension1,Dimension2).

BUT, if you need to be able to toggle the cylcic groups AND be able to control them individually on each chart, you will probably need some sort of macro to get this done. I can't help with this because I avoid macros like the plague, just not worth the hassle.

Not applicable
Author

Small correction to above, rather than add a calculated dimension, would be better (if you're using V11) to use dimensions that are shown conditionally per the value of the variable.

Not applicable
Author

Sweet example. We will use this to toggle an additional chart expression. Thanks!