cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Create a Filter to select data from specific date, up to Today

Hi comunity!

Any ideas on how to create a filter to select information from 6 and 12 months ago up to today?

I have a QV Document which shows all data referring to Purchase Orders and I need to create a filter that, taking Today() as starting date, allows me to filter the POs created for the last 6 or 12 months leaving all others aout.

Any Ideas?

Thanks all!

Best Regards,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi all.

Just to let you know this is solved. Finally I did it with an "IF" statement in the script.

If ([Creation Date] >= (Today()-180), 'OK') AS [Last 6 Months]

Same for 12 months. Then I created a list box for each field in the Front End.

When the users select any of them, data in the main table is updated according to selection.

I´m new to QlikView. Sorry if i was not clear enough and thank you for your time.

Regards.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Not sure what you're asking for.

Do you want a bookmark that does it?  You could write a search expression on your date field for that.

Or do you want it for set analysis in a chart?

Otherwise, if you want a list box with those options, I would recommend creating a calendar with the last 6 or 12 months indicated in columns in calendar.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Wallo, thanks for your answer.

Let me be more specific here.

This QV document loads all the POs stored in an SQL table. In the front end, users see a simple table object with all data (creation date, items, supplier, amount, an so on).

What I need, is some kind of filter that, when selected, filters the data to show only the POs created for the last 6 or 12 months.

I imagine a listbox with two options: "Last 6 months" and "Last 12 months", for example.

Thank you for your time.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi all.

Just to let you know this is solved. Finally I did it with an "IF" statement in the script.

If ([Creation Date] >= (Today()-180), 'OK') AS [Last 6 Months]

Same for 12 months. Then I created a list box for each field in the Front End.

When the users select any of them, data in the main table is updated according to selection.

I´m new to QlikView. Sorry if i was not clear enough and thank you for your time.

Regards.