Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Create a Time Bucket for every minute

Hi All,

I have created time buckets before for hours and every 15 minutes.

I need to create a time bucket for every minute in a Day, I am creating this at the moment from a time field, however I need to create one for every minute regardless if that minute exists in my time field.

I need to create a chart that shows 1440 minutes for each day and then show transactions for each minute on the chart, so I need to show the minutes even if no transactions happened

Regards

Alan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Not really. You can start from whatever value you want, and create a range to whatever final value.

For example, a LOAD...AUTOGENERATE 1440; creates exactly the amount of rows you need. RowNo()-1 will indicate the current minute value.

Edit: not IterNo(). RowNo() or RecNo() will work.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Do as you would do with a Master Calendar that should show all dates, even if there weren't any sales on some of them: create a time bucket definition that is external to your "facts". You can easily make this a continuous range without holes. Then link these to your transations. Use whatever key you like.

Best,

Peter

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II
Author

Thanks Peter,

But I need a Min and Max time, so I would need 00:00 and 23:59 to be in my Data set to get all minutes between those times, is that correct?

Regards

Alan

Not applicable

Hi Alan,

Try something like the attached file.

Kind Regards,

Footsie

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

How about a continuous axis in the chart? That should cover the missing times.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Not really. You can start from whatever value you want, and create a range to whatever final value.

For example, a LOAD...AUTOGENERATE 1440; creates exactly the amount of rows you need. RowNo()-1 will indicate the current minute value.

Edit: not IterNo(). RowNo() or RecNo() will work.