Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pandreozzi
Creator
Creator

Create a dulipcate table from an existing table

I have an issue with a relationship that creates a loop based on my table structure. I do not have access nor control on how the tables get created or modified. I only have an ODBC connection to the DB and this is why when I add a table that needs a relationship with other tables that currently have existing relationships I get loops. I am thinking if I can duplicate the date in my table that I need to form the relationship with thereby creating two identical tables I can form two separate relationships to get the information I need. There are only three fields in this table and below is my qlikview code to access the table. I also attached an image of the loop.

The SWCUSTOMERID is used to form the relationship with the other tables that need the Vendor information from the SW_CUSTOMER table.

Vendor_Provider:

LOAD

SWCUSTOMERID AS C_PROVIDER_ID,

SWNAME AS C_PROVIDER_NAME,

SWNOTE AS C_NOTES

;

SQL

SELECT

SWCUSTOMERID,

SWNAME,

SWNOTE

FROM GPS.SW_CUSTOMER

;

25 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Email me.

pandreozzi
Creator
Creator
Author

Ok. I just emailed you. Thanks

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Thank you sure will look into.

pandreozzi
Creator
Creator
Author

This is resolved by using two "Left Join" in the sql statement and removing the formed relationship.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Great, Glad you figured it out. Sorry could not work on it earlier.

pandreozzi
Creator
Creator
Author

Not an issue. You got me thinking about a different way to pull in data without forming a relationship.

Thanks for your support.