cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Create a field based up on values from other Field

Hello all,

Hope you all are doing great.

I have a task where I need to create Listbox based on the values of other.

Attached Excel file has three fields , MTU_METADATAKEYFK, MTU_METADATAVALUEFK and MTU_METADATAVALUENAME.

The first field contains the records as Contentowner, Category etc. The resulted value names are in the field MTU_METADATAVALUENAME.

Now the task is I need to show separate List boxes in UI, for contentowner , category, indication etc from field 1 and should have values from third field as its records.

PFA for the sample date and result column.

Thanks in Advance

3 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Try this: I dont know what is your category here ? So, change the value in IF statement accordingly for category.

LOAD *,

IF(Match(MTU_METADATAKEYFK, 'CommonLearningActivityReference'),MTU_METADATAVALUENAME) AS              Category,

IF(Match(MTU_METADATAKEYFK, 'ContentOwner'),MTU_METADATAVALUENAME ) AS ContentOwner,

IF(Match(MTU_METADATAKEYFK, 'Indication'),MTU_METADATAVALUENAME ) AS Indication;

LOAD MTU_METADATAKEYFK,

MTU_METADATAVALUEFK,

MTU_METADATAVALUENAME

FROM

[..\Desktop\Table 2.xls]

(biff, embedded labels, table is Sheet1$);

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Vish.

Not applicable
Author

Hi vish, dvadithala

One more question in the same context.

You can see the names Indiction and Product. Here Product means as Category and Indiction means as subcategory.

Which ever the records start with "1" from subcategory is under the record which starts with "1" in category and continues with 2 and 3 respectively.

For Example

Category:                       Subcategory

2 Skills                           2.Coaching

2.Key Management.

I need to show this associative connection in UI. User should be allowed select category and then respective sub-category.

Is there any way to relate this as category to Subcategory by just use of numbers before their values?

Thanks