Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Create action/trigger on selection made in a table

Hi,

I have a pivot table showing aggregations on Volume, Turnover, COGS, Margins etc (actuals vs budget) for Sales Managers and Customers. When clicking an aggregation (for example the total Turnover for Customer X by Sales Manager A) it autmatically shows the matching Selection in the Current Selections box which is exactly what I want.

However I want to add a trigger or action that once you've clicked an aggregation you automatically go to another tab with a straight table showing details for this current selection (this table is already available to show details on an invoice level).

I would think there is an easy functionality or solution available but I can't seem to find it. Anybody who can help me?

Thanks in advance!

8 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Unfortunately charts have not triggers but,

you may add a trigger to a field (when you click it) or to a variable in

Settings->document properties -> triggers

Not applicable
Author

Though this can happen by using variables and adding triggers. But I believe, let the users themselves navigate to drill down the data and get more information for the BI app. In any case, after making selection if you navigate them to a new tab, they have to come back to change the selection. Isnt it?

Not applicable
Author

Yes indeed.  I myself don't see the necessity either but the customer thinks it would be nice to have for user friendliness. In the tab with the detailed table they can also change their selections so they don't have to go back to the tab with the pivot tables.

Not applicable
Author

Adding a trigger to a field (or variable) would mean that it always goes to the details table when making a selection for that field. That's not the desired effect. I only want to go to the details table when a selection in the pivot table is made.

Not applicable
Author

ok, can you try as below:

Add a field event trigger on the last dimension field used in pivot table. OnSelect event add below 2 triggers:

a) Activate Sheet and write the Sheet ID(This is your new tab, where the object is placed)

b) Activate Object and write the ObjectID (This is the object where you want your users to get navigated).

Hope this is what you are looking for.

If not, can you please attach a sample app, and expected results.

thanks

CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

There are no events to track in which object selection is made.

As of events/triggers available is fired whatever selection is made for the field. Meaning Trigger/action is for the fields and variables, not for the object.

Not applicable
Author

See the example I have attached. When I click a value in the pivot I want to go the the other tab to see the details of that selection.

Not applicable
Author

Please find the attached.

This is just a workaround. Only thing we can do is to remove the listbox for "Debator" from Pivot tab, so that user can only select Debator at Details tab, where it is being navigated.

Hope this was helpful.

Thanks,

Angad