Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
isciberras
Creator
Creator

Create alert when timesheet not filled

Hi all,

I'm currently bringing in data from a time sheet which specifies how long per day someone worked.

I was wondering if it would be possible to create an alert in the dashboard which specifies if someone did not fill in the timesheet?

The criteria would be something like looking back at a week to check if and if the sum of time is greater than 0.

Ideally I would then create an auto e-mail which is sent out if someone did not fill in the time sheet but I don't know if QlikView can do this.

Thanks,

Isaac

4 Replies
wade12
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

one option is to create a flag in the script

if ( sum of time > 0, 'complete', 'incomplete')      as      timeflag

then use the flag as a filter on the front end

you can then select 'incomplete' in the filter and display all those employees that did not fill in their timesheets.

best wishes.

isciberras
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Wade,

Thank you for  your help I think that the code you sent over will look at time entered at any point in time so if a user enters the time in the time sheet one time then the condition will be satisfied, i'm hoping that the dashboard will check if the timesheet has been filled on a weekly basis, so if at the end of the week the user didn't fill in the timesheet then they will get an alert

wade12
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

OK Isaac.

Best wishes.

jensmunnichs
Creator III
Creator III

Would it be possible for you to share your application? If necessary with dummy data?