Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Create calendar using date format dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss

Hi All,

I am trying to create a data calendar with a data format that was originally as stated in the subject. I was not interested in the time stamp, therefore from the QVD itself, I rid mysel of the time stamp by using the date function, however, when I create a get convert it to number using NUM function, I get numbers followed by 4 decimal points. As a result I cannot match it to the autogenerated calendar when I convert the number back to date. Hope someone can understand my predicament.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Just got the answer from a colleague, thought I would share it; So the problem is the date and time stamp creates a number with decimals, consequently, this cannot be matched to the data island that is created. So, fix the problem by using the Floor function which removes the decimal points and can then match it to the date island

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Just got the answer from a colleague, thought I would share it; So the problem is the date and time stamp creates a number with decimals, consequently, this cannot be matched to the data island that is created. So, fix the problem by using the Floor function which removes the decimal points and can then match it to the date island