Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kristof_j
Creator III
Creator III

Create state with an action

hello

Is it possible to create an alternate state with an action in a button?

I want to create a button that someone can paste in his existing qvw and with a click it creates several states with a specific name.

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

I don't think that this will be possible per action nor per macro.

- Marcus

kristof_j
Creator III
Creator III
Author

really?

that's too bad

marcus_sommer

I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to create various alternate states from a users-perspective especially because this would have not much use without assigning various objects (listboxes, charts, maybe sheets) to these states and there might be also further adjustment-needs to expressions and labels.

What is the aim for your request?

- Marcus

kristof_j
Creator III
Creator III
Author

We want to compare several alternate states with each other and over our apps. So we can use doc chaining.

But most of our older apps only have one state so they need all the states and make some new visualizations.

To make it easy for our designers, I wanted to create something like a button that creates all the states (up to 9) and fills in all the necessary variables. In this way only a few instructions are needed, less typos are made and anyone from the organisation could copy paste the button if they want to document chain several states to our apps.

But I guess I'll have to make instructions on how to make alternate states an how to name them.