cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating QVD ends in loss of records

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to use QVD for a large amount of records.

I got the problem, that not every original record was written into my new QVD.

The only difference from my old data model is that I now swap out my data

previously in QVD instead to use them directly in my tables and calculations.

I used the following commands:

table1_qvd:

LOAD    *

FROM

table1.csv

(txt, codepage is 1252, embedded labels, delimiter is ';', msq);

store table1_qvd into ;

After that I use the Resident-statement in my tables.

I should perhaps add that I only testweise get my data from csv files,

because everything after that is to come from an SQL database.

Does anyone have a solution? Thank You!

15 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

I don't think QVD can miss records if generated successfully, actual cause must be something else. Hope you are doing partial reload to keep your QVD latest or source is not changing at all? I am just guessing as earlier you were picking from source directly and now you are picking from QVD which might not be updated through partial reload.

marcus_sommer

How do you know that records are missing between csv-file and qvd-file? I think you should use rowno() and recno() to find out (and when which one are missing), see: Counters in the Load.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

There are several count- and sum-functions on my sheet. Almost all numbers are lower.

When I open these QVD-files with QlikView I see that there are fewer records then in csv.

The amount should be exact the same because of the *.

marcus_sommer

This doesn't meant that there are missing records. It could be that some field-values won't be regocnized as numeric values or there are misinterpretings by comma- and thousand-delimiter and maybe some more.

How do you know your sums and countings? From the csv-file or from the csv-source? Therefore are you really sure that you didn't compare apples and oranges?

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I know the real numbers and amounts of business transactions from my source.

For example a list of names is shorter than expected.

marcus_sommer

But this could mean that your csv-output is incompleted and/or outdated. I think you should pull a new csv and then check this against your source at first.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Why should I get a new csv when my old consists of the right data?

The sources of the data for my QVD-files are my csv.Really don't understand this.

marcus_sommer

You mean you have loaded the csv-file into excel to count the records and sums some fields or have you used another program? And this is different to qvlikview - how have you counted the records and sums the values there?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I loaded the csv and the QVD into Excel and could see that there are fewer records. (rows)

When I opend the QVD with QlikView I saw fewer rows.