Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Creating a heat gantt chart

Hi,

Hopefully you can help.

I have created a gantt chart within my document which shows what activity a customer did on what day. (The top chart within the image) <-- This was the easy bit!

What I am struggling on is to create the bottom chart in the image. I want to be able to show for all customers there activity pattern while on holiday. i.e. 100% of all tourists do activity 4 on days 7&8 but for some reason 15% of them do it on day 2.

I don't know if this can somehow be done on overlaying bars? As you can see for the top chart there are gaps between activities so I cannot use a stacked chart. Or maybe somehow use a formula in the colour of the bar (but I thought the bar all had to be one continuous colour?)

I have a worrying feeling that this cannot be done. I have managed to mock this up in a table and use a formula within the table to highlight the specific days, but typically in a table it only shows the days when you have activity so in the example provided days 1&2 in the first chart would not appear.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ATTACHED IMAGE HAS BEEN MOCKED UP IN PAINT FOR ILLUSTRATIVE PURPOSES

heat map chart generic.png

1 Reply
peterderrington
Creator II
Creator II

Did you manage to get anywhere with this?

I'm looking to produce a similar thing with my Gantt chart but i can't see how to do it.

Thanks,

Peter