Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating charts that work independenly of selections made?

I am relatively new to QlikView.  so I will do my best to explain the situation.

I am trying to create 2 charts that work independently of each other and exclude selections made from other list boxes.

The list boxes are dates and I have created multiple calendars to handle these dates.

The example of the list boxes are;

Notice Month, Notice Year

Renew Month, Renew Year

In my Notice Chart I am wanting to select a month and year from my  notice list boxes and it ONLY displays the notice date corresponding to my selection that I made in those boxes.

The same goes for my ReNew Chart.  I ONLY want a ReNew date that reflects my selection of Renew Month and ReNew Year.

Is it possible to have these charts work independently of each other?  where one completely ignores the selections made for the other?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

you can create two alternate states "Notice" and "Renew".

Go to document properties > general and click on alternate states and add these names.

Then in your objects you can set the proper alternate state in object properties > general.

Objects with Notice states will be inependent from objects with Renew state.

KR

Elena

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

you can create two alternate states "Notice" and "Renew".

Go to document properties > general and click on alternate states and add these names.

Then in your objects you can set the proper alternate state in object properties > general.

Objects with Notice states will be inependent from objects with Renew state.

KR

Elena

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks!  I figured it was something simple!

It is working as intended!

Chris