cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sqlpuzzle
Contributor III
Contributor III

Cumulative Count Distinct Ignoring Certain Dimension Filters

Here is the issue I am having. I have a table chart with a count and cumulative count(using the Full Accumulation radio button on the Expressions Tab). 

When I have nothing filtered the values are as expected.  But as I start filtering the cumulative Count adjusts to the filter by excluding values outside the filter context. 

In the two screenshots posted. I want the #CumCount values shown in the screenshot without filters also to show up in  the case where filters are selected.

The #CumCount for Jun 2020 should be 19,035 instead of 3,000 all the time.

I want to calculate the cumulative count ignoring some or all of the filter contexts.  Is there an expression for that?

With out Filters

sqlpuzzle_0-1606335338429.png

With Filters

sqlpuzzle_1-1606335391524.png

Thanks

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kushal_Chawda

@sqlpuzzle  try below expression

=sum(aggr(rangesum(above(Count(distinct {<date_month_year,month_year,year,weekstart>}Id),0,RowNo(TOTAL))),($(=GetCurrentField([YMD])),(NUMERIC,ASCENDING))))

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sqlpuzzle
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I came to this expression.

RangeSum (above(count({$<year,month_year=>} distinct Id),0,RowNo()))

It seems to get me the cumulative count but it is showing  some datarows that I shouldn't bee seeing. The ones outside the filter selection.

sqlpuzzle_0-1606341075485.png

What can be done.

Kushal_Chawda

@sqlpuzzle  try below expression

=sum(aggr(rangesum(above(Count(distinct {<date_month_year,month_year,year,weekstart>}Id),0,RowNo(TOTAL))),($(=GetCurrentField([YMD])),(NUMERIC,ASCENDING))))

sqlpuzzle
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This seems to work on the sample. But for some reason I am not getting the result when I add it into my full Project.

It is not feasible to post the full project here. Any hints on where it could go wrong with this expression.

sqlpuzzle
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I got your expression to work. My full project had a Calendar Dimension and I had to include the Year, Month, Date from the Calendar and it seems to be fine.

Thanks