Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Currency Conversion

Hello,

I have POs that come into the qlikview application in a given currency (i.e. USD) and I want to show the purchase order price in a different currency (i.e. INR) in my charts and tables. The currecny rate should be at the time when the purchase order was created

error loading image

I would want to have a box with the different currencies. Once I select one (INR) the application should multiply the USD PO price value by the RATE_FROM_US_MULT_FCTR shown above where currency_cde is equal to INR and PO creation date is between effective_dt and expiration_dt. Can someone please help? I'm new to Qlikview and haven't used any expressions yet.

12 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

OK, good idea. See attached. There might be a more efficient way than all of those joins, but nothing jumped out at me, and I can't spend much time on it. It seems to work, though.

In your specific case, you could get away with slightly simpler script, because I've assumed that the currency exchange rates can be updated independently and on any date. Since you update all rates monthly, you could get away with only establishing the Date and ToDate fields on the record a single time, where I have to do it separately for both the source currency and the target currency.

Edit: Timestamps were mentioned earlier. The intervalmatch approach should work fine with timestamps. Just change all the dates to timestamps. It should be no different doing the intervalmatch by timestamp than by date.

Edit: Actually, in your specific case, you shouldn't be using intervalmatch. You should use my original approach but replace the Date field with a Month field (at least when doing the match up). It's OK to have a Date field, but you should be picking up the exchange rates using the month field. The script will be faster that way than with the intervalmatch solution. Intervalmatch is really for when your updates to the conversion rates are not on regular intervals.

Not applicable
Author

I wish to open the file, but I can't.. 😞

Not applicable
Author

I have similar problem, I have report that I already started preparing in qlikview, included cost amount and currency, in that report there is two currency (Dollar and Euro), how to set a default currency to Euro?

these two currency there are different value (3000 rows), how to convert the value of dollar to become euro? Is there any conversation?