Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amithmurali
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Current Selection and Year Month Selection

Hi guys.

My Clients need to scroll down to see some charts and when he needs to check for the current month and change any months to see the comparison, he needs to scroll up. This is very irritating when he needs to change the month and check the charts.

Is there any way we can freeze the current selection and month selection boxes to the top of the screen so that he dont have to scroll up for month selection and see whats current selection.

Layout & Visualizations

App Development

New to QlikView

6 Replies
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Amith,

can you upload the QVW OR supply a screen shot that illustrates the issue please?

Andy

amithmurali
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

The Below image is the screen shot when it is fully scrolled up.

1.jpg

This Image is when fully scrolled down. so u can see that the current selection and months and year fields are in the top.

Is there any other way than duplicating another field for the months and current selection for the below charts.

2.jpg

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

AFAIK, there is no way to do that (unless someone has an extension). What I do is minimise the need to scroll vertically (or horizontally) by conditional show / containers and/or more tabs. Sometimes its unavoidable, of course.

One option is to make 2 versions of the charts - one small version that is displayed on the dashboard, and a larger version overlying the other stuff on the page that can pop-up on a button, and/or on a click on a transparent layer, on top of the small version. What will also pop up at the same time as the large version is a close icon to put it away again.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Buttons and charts with conditional HIDE/ SHOW as you have too many  to see on the screen ay any one time anyway

Andy

kuczynska
Creator III
Creator III

You can always try to suggest very simple solution - separate tab for the analysis part (and move all of your line/bar/pie charts). You can always create additional action in the front end of your main dashboard, something like transparent  text object (with the layer settings set to top) that will redirect the user to the specific tab when he will click on the chart. I intended to use More Details >> button in the corner of my mini chart from the operational dashboard, that will send user to a different tab.

If your customer really doesn't want that (maybe he/she wants to have an overview of some additional information), try to change the size of your charts, like Jonathan suggested.

One more question you might want to ask to your customer - if this chart is so important, why is it located as the very last in this dashboard?

amithmurali
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author