Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HimanshuKakade
Contributor
Contributor

Current Selections in Export To Excel

Hi,

We have a dashboard with some tables and chart.

We have checked both the check boxes from User Preferences > Export > Selection Stamps in Exports

When we export the table or chart to Excel from Qlikview Desktop, we are able to get the current selection displayed in the Excel Export.

But, when we publish the same dashboard from Management Console and when a user access it from Access Point & export the table to Excel, the Current Selection is not displayed in the Excel.

We are using Qlikview 12.20.

Kindly guide.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

You will need to locate your server settings.ini file. I think you normally will find it at this location: %ProgramData%\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Settings.ini

Somewhere under the [Settings 7] add the following config line:

SelectionStampInBIFFExport=1

View solution in original post

Vegar
MVP
MVP

I even found an Qlik official support document describing how to do it in detail: How to Include Selection Stamps when Exporting to Excel from AJAX

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Josh_Berg_Support

Can you post screenshots that show us the issue you're experiencing with the Export to Excel function?

Also, keep in mind that Qlikview wasn't designed to be a program to export data to Excel, it is designed to keep all data within the program for manipulation.  Is there a reason users need to export to Excel and can't keep the data within Qlikview?

Thanks,

Josh

Qlik Support

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Vegar
MVP
MVP

You will need to locate your server settings.ini file. I think you normally will find it at this location: %ProgramData%\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Settings.ini

Somewhere under the [Settings 7] add the following config line:

SelectionStampInBIFFExport=1

Vegar
MVP
MVP

I even found an Qlik official support document describing how to do it in detail: How to Include Selection Stamps when Exporting to Excel from AJAX