Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nsm1234567
Creator II
Creator II

Custom Connect in Qlikview 12 with empty parameter

Hi There,

Some time back I wrote a custom connector which connects to R and then returns data to Qlikview.  This used to work fine, but since moving to Qlikview 12 (I'm on Qlikview 12.1 SR 2, my custom connect doesn't work and returns the below error:

QVX_UNKNOWN_ERROR: Parameter "Target" has no value, or misplaced semicolon.. Stack trace written to C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Custom Data\QvRConnector\Log\StackTrace.txt

Looking at the attached screenshot, Target is not set to any value as a target doesn't need to be set for this particular case (this seems to work fine in QV 11).  Has something changed on Qlikview side that no longer allows empty parameters in the connect string?

I know this is quite a technical question, but there isn't much documentation on QVX and the Custom Connector on the site.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It might very well be - I don't know. But my advice to you is try to fill in some dummy value since you do have luxury of ignoring that value in you connector - right?

Kalmer
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi!

Later reply, having similar issues and there are two things that you culd do:
1) https://qliksupport.force.com/QS_CaseWizardKnowledgeArticle?id=kA5D00000004PmKKAU
The settings.ini file in your qlik folder needs a new line:
WebFileUseWinAPI = 1
2) Check what version your Qlik Rest Connector is under installed programs. If it's very old, update it.
image.png