Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom Pop Up Labels On Line Chart Not Working

In the attached .qvw I built two identical charts off of a simple data set.  The only difference between the two charts is that one is a bar chart and one is a line chart.  In both charts I have two expressions.  The first expression takes an average of sales attainment.  The second expression is a string that should show up only in the pop-up labels.  In the bar chart, both expressions behave normally, with the second expression producing an extra string in the standard pop-up label.  But in the line chart, the string from the second expression does not show up in the pop-up labels.  I can't figure out why.  Any thoughts?

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Mark

Change your Line Chart to a Combo Chart.

Best Regards,     Bill

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

When I change the Line Chart to a Combo Chart, I see that Qlikview has automatically checked the check box next to 'Line' under Display Options for Expression2 (='Hey').  This causes 'Hey' to appear in my legend.  When I uncheck the box next to 'Line' under Display Options for Expression2, I revert back to my original problem.  The text from Expression2 no longer appears in the pop-up labels.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Mark

On the Combo Chart untick Expression as Legend for your 'Hey' expression.

See attached.

Best Regards,     Bill

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

1. Your suggestion worked on the small example from the .qvw I uploaded, but I ran into a problem when I created a more complex Combo Chart.  First I added another dimension to our little example and everything still worked fine, pop-up labels and all.  Then I tried going back to one dimension and enlarging the underlying data set (~200,000 rows).  Everything still worked fine, pop-up labels and all.  But when I tried using two dimensions AND enlarging the data set, it wouldn't even plot the data let alone show the pop-ups.  (Illustrated in the attachment) 
  2. I thought bar charts and line charts functioned in essentially the same way.  Do you know why the pop-up labels work differently for the two?  It would solve my problem if pop-ups for line charts worked the same way they do for bar charts.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mark,

Have you found a solution to the issue with custom pop-ups on multi-diminsional line charts? I'm experiencing exactly the same issue.

Thanks!

Igor

Not applicable
Author

Found it!

Only works as a first expression as stated here: http://community.qlik.com/thread/116377

cpiocpio
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I have a sample file of this, but have found an issue this AM, when asked similar question by a client.

My sample works in QV 11.2 SP6 but not at all in SP7.