Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
canmarroig
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Cyclic calendar dimension set on time variables

Hi i've to show some numbers on a dashboard (I use text box), in order to show a count(ID_order) choosing differerent calendars (order date, activation date, etc) on different period (vthismonth, vpreviousmonth, vthismonththisyear or vthismonthpreviousyear, etc).

I've tried with this expression:

count({<[vCalendar]={'$(vThisMonth)'}>}ID_Order) but I've no results, what's my mystake?

Tks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Check that your variable vCalendar contains the correct case senstive field name. The construction you posted works fine here. Perhaps you can post a small qlikview document that demonstrates the problem.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Make sure that the value in the period variables like vThisMonth has the same date format as the calendar fields. See this blog post: Dates in Set Analysis

canmarroig
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you but i've already checked, it's the same format, if I change the cyclic dimension in one of his order_date or activation date, etc:

count({<[order date]={'$(vThisMonth)'}>}ID_Order) or

count({<[activation date]={'$(vThisMonth)'}>}ID_Order)

it's ok. Thanks

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Check that your variable vCalendar contains the correct case senstive field name. The construction you posted works fine here. Perhaps you can post a small qlikview document that demonstrates the problem.

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

In your expression

count({<[vCalendar]={'$(vThisMonth)'}>}ID_Order)

the vCalendar is interpreted as a field reference, which of course will not work. Instead, you should use a dollar expansion:

count({<[$(vCalendar)]={'$(vThisMonth)'}>}ID_Order)

HIC

canmarroig
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Gysbert i've made a mistake in vCalendar since i confused two different kind of dates, thank you