Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cyclic group selector, formatting

HI

created a cyclic group but have labels in different length. Now the tick-box for changing the dimensions is not at the same position for the user as it looks to be right-adjusting by default.

There are many options to format the Legend but found no way to control the look of the group selector.

Do I actually need to add trailing blanks to my group label expressions to keep the selector in the same place?

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Juerg

Not sure what you are trying to do - are you trying to move where the cyclic group selector sits? fortunately one cyclic group in one chart will affect the same cyclic group in other charts. EG selecting "country" in cyclicGroup1 in chart A will switch the dimension in chart B to "country" if it also uses cyclicGroup1.

this means that you can create a "dummy chart" comprising the cyclic group as the dimension "1" as the expression, then shrink the chart down and remove all formatting, borders and axis etc so all you are left with is the cyclic group button. You can then overlay this over your existing chart wherever you like.

Let me know if you need more explanation.

Regards,

Erica

Not applicable
Author

Hi Erica
Thanks. Tried this but encountered following issues
1 - the Label for the cyclic group disappeared. I can click the drop-down arrow and it shows the dimensions but the label is gone
2 -  how to connect the 2 diagrams so the cyclic group stays on top of the chart.

Not applicable
Author

Not a problem Juerg.

1)Okay. try changing the font for the dimension axis back to black again (you  proably made it white or clear?). I had to fiddle a bit to get rid of the labels along the axis but still show the cyclic group button. I basically moved the chart within the object to the left a bit (so it is not filling the whole size of the object) then shrunk and manipulated the size of the object, rather than the chart so only the cyclic group is left. My actual object isquite large, but doesnt matter since it is transparent anyway.

2) Unfortunately you can't "group" objects together. You can, however adjust the settings so one is always on the top and one always on the bottom. The setting is in chart properties -> layout. In the main chart, choose "bottom". in the cyclic group one, choose "top"

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Erica