Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hd94
Contributor II
Contributor II

DAily Application - freeze data per week and per month

Hello, 

I have actually a daily application, every day data change,  i want to freeze data per week and per month. 

My solution is to create one application for week (execution once a week) and one for month (execution once a month) ,  but for maintenance it's not great. 

Is there a solution by keeping a single application ? 

Best regards

Thank you 

Labels (2)
1 Reply
nsm1234567
Creator II
Creator II

Hey there,

This is a pretty broad requirement and depends a lot on what your deployment looks like.  If you're running Qlikview Server and Publisher they can help a lot with the maintenance headache of running you apps on different schedules.

Another way this is commonly done is by storing snapshots of the data itself.  So for the data you need snapshots of, store QVDs.  SO the attached for example will take transactions and store to separate QVDs.  It'll keep storing the current month's data until the new month starts and then start creating a QVD for the new month (and do the same for week).

Then in your application you can just load in all the snapshots.  You'll just need to factor in how well your app will scale as you have more and more copies of the data.

let vCurrMonth = Date(today(),'YYYYMM');
let vEndCurrWeek = Date(WeekEnd(Today(),0,0),'YYYYMMDD');

store * from Transactions into Transactions_M_$(vCurrMonth).qvd (qvd);
store * from Transactions into Transactions_W_$(vEndCurrWeek).qvd (qvd);