cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
praveenkumar_s
Creator II
Creator II

Data Model

While creating data model in qlik view, which would be better star schema or snow flake schema and is it necessary to create fact and dimension table for qlik view data mode..as much i know, qlik doesnt need fact table as its automatically gets related due to its association property..any body suggest me clearly about data model in qlik view....

12 Replies
sushil353
Master II
Master II

Check this out: Data Warehousing Schemas

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Yes,

1) I would read Star Schema is goof performance

2) Fact and Dimension is mandatory, While Fact produce that is good step to create Link / Dimension with that fact

3) As you said, we need to create Fact table for good Data model to show the understanding level.

Hope helps to you

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi praveen,

In Qlikview, when we are extracting multiple tables from data source...qlikview automatically forms a relationship/link between these tables.(if they have any matching fields only ).

and..i think star schema is better than the snowflake schema.

it is necessary to maintain the fact tables and dimension tables in our business data. because dimension tables maintains details about business data and fact tables maintains about business transactions like..orderdates,shipping date..etc.,

praveenkumar_s
Creator II
Creator II
Author

how to create fact table in qlik view without duplicating data..

praveenkumar_s
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

Please explain clearly about fact and dimension table...

Vegar
MVP
MVP

I think this is a good read by richard.pearce60. It will help  your understand .

https://qlikcentral.com/2014/08/19/the-optimal-qlikview-data-structure/

Not applicable

Hi Praveen,

Please go through this document. It might helpful to you.

Thanks!!

Br,
Habib Shaik.

praveenkumar_s
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi habib,

I didnt get any documents..please resend ...

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi praveen,

dimension table:it contains descriptive details  about our business object,

like.,employee table and customer table and product table.

employee table only have these related details and customer table&product table is also describes about only these relative details.

dimension table is nothing but a...master table.

Dimension: is nothing but a measure attribute.(dimension is a collection of information about measurable values).

and coming to fact table: it contains maximum number of numeric values nothing but measures.

and fact table also contains multiple foreign keys mostly.

fact table is nothing but a....transaction table.

Measure: is a value that can be added up to provide meaning to your dimension.