Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data Modeling Multiple date issue

How to deal with multiple dates in data model.

Each table have one date  I need a universal date it should work with all  tables

please find attached excel and Qvw please  suggest

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I agree with Oleg.

Check here the solution in attachment. I've attached qvw and qvs.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

There are many ways of dealing with this problem. My favorite solution is to build a concatenated fact table with all your facts as concatenated slices, and rename all your dates into one field name Date. This way, you can use one Master Calendar for all dates and differentiate you dates using the new field that we usually call "Fact Type".

You can learn these Data Modeling techniques at the Masters Summit for Qlik - coming to Boston this October. If you can't attend the Masters Summit, check out my book QlikView Your Business. I also describe these techniques there.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Not applicable
Author

i cant understand where to use  that call calander

please help it's aurgent

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I agree with Oleg.

Check here the solution in attachment. I've attached qvw and qvs.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable
Author

Awesome Anil Thanks.