Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data Modelling and association property.

I have a sales fact table which contains data from two different system A and B based on transaction id.

Fact_Sales:

date     trans_id     dist_id     ret_id     value

For system A sales we have date, trans_id,dist_id,value   and for system B we have date,trans_id,ret_id,value

I have a dist dimension table which contains distributor details and similarly a ret table for retailers and they are associated with fact table. dist and ret tables are associated by ret_id

dist table : dist_id,dist_name,dist_manager               ret table : ret_id, ret_name

I have another table Ledger which contains year,month,ret_id,enroll,transact. enroll and transact columns are flag.

My data model contains a calender also.

If I select a manager from dist table which has different dist_id associated How it will select the data in system ?? Will it first select dist_id corresponding to manager and then go to fact_sales and then go to ret table.

When I select dist_id and ret_id in a table I can see ret_id for dist_id although in data model they are not linked Bcoz in fact table for every row if there is dist_id then ret_id is null and same for ret_id.

5 Replies
its_anandrjs

In qlikview when the association is proper and when you select any data in the field the association are reflected in all the referenced fields.

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

here is your structure

Fact_Sales:

,date   

,trans_id   

,dist_id   

, ret_id   

,value

dist table :

dist_id

,dist_name

,dist_manager              

reet table :

ret_id

,ret_nam

It will select all the entries you are having in your System table for that  dist_ID.

Not applicable
Author

I my fact table no any relation b/w dist_id and ret_id. In any row if dist_id exist then ret_id is null and vice-versa.

But when I select dist_id and ret_id in a table they are coming associated as each dist_id has one or many ret_id.

So my confusion is How QV is linking dist_id and ret_id

its_anandrjs

Hi,

Please check this is your expected data model

DM.png

I Suggest you if the rettable fields (ret_id,ret_name) are available in the Fact_Sales table by joining then the ret_id completely available in the fact table then there is only one reference table Ledger is available.

Not applicable
Author

I have to keep ret table seperate as it is master table for retailer so contains multiple information like ret type1 typ2 etc.