Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data Points on a Combo Chart

Hi folks,

I am pretty new to QlikView, so forgive me if this challenge has an easy solution.

I am creating a Financial Analysis type report comparing actual metric values against plan.

The ask was for a combo bar/line chart reflecting the actual's as the bars and plan as a line. In order to present the correct scale of actual to plan I created 2 calculated metrics, namely:

• Plan % - This is always set to be 100%
  • % to Plan - Calculated as Actual / Plan

The combo chart works fine, however the user has asked if I could reflect the actual and plan amount metrics in the graph as opposed to my calculated ones.

My question is, can I build my chart using 1 set of metrics, but reflect different metrics as the data points in the chart?  If yes, could you kindly provide me with the steps I could follow in order to accomplish this?

Thanking you in advance.

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

To keep things simple assume you need one metric for bar and other metric for values. Create a combo chart with first metric as bar, disable value on data points and popup. Add another metric with display values, make it as line and keep the color for that transparent with value on datapoints selected. Thats should do what you are looking for.

Same logic can be applied for more than 1 metric.

Kiran.